Marine Radar, Satellite TV & Satcom Mounts
We manufacture the highest quality polished stainless steel marine radar mounts in the world! Your BattleWagon radar tower is welded and polished by skilled American craftsman utilizing grade 316L stainless steel manufactured in the USA. We also offer Attwood LED navigation lights, beautiful polished hardware kits and backing plates. The result is a radar mast that is a stunning addition to your boat along with optimized radar performance and accessories for a secure and attractive installation.
Instructor at the Lincoln Electric Welding School assembling a BattleWagon radar mount and discussing the metallurgy of Grade 316L stainless steel.
Benefits of Properly Mounting your Radar Antenna
If you have made the investment in a marine radar system, you already understand the benefits of marine radar for safety, navigation, and weather prediction. Whether your radar is mounted on a hardtop or radar arch, it is important to consider many factors in order to optimize the performance of your radar by properly mounting your radar antenna to ensure:
- Correct attitude underway
- Maximum target range
- Ability to identify close targets
- Minimize blind spots
- Your radar mount complements the appearance of your boat
- Stainless steel radar arch
- Aluminum radar arch
- Fiberglass radar arch
BattleWagon marine radar mounts are available with a 4 degree down angle to provide the proper attitude to your radar antenna both underway and at anchor. This configuration not only assures you that your target range is maximized, but also saves you money as the need to purchase a wedge to achieve the 4 degree angle is eliminated.
Our radar towers for boats are made of grade 316 stainless steel polished to a mirror finish, and configured with a 15 degree fore, aft or vertical pedestal so you can choose the look that is right for your boat.
Included with each Battlewagon radar mast:
- Detailed installation instructions (Can be downloaded)
- Drilling template
- Waterproof wiring gland
- Base gasket
- 2 YEAR LIMITED WARANTY, the strongest in the industry.
- A commitment to AMERICAN craftsmen and suppliers.
Radar Antenna Installation Guidelines and Considerations
- Mount the radar antenna as high as possible (this will provide the strongest long range performance)
- Use this quick and easy Horizon Calculator to determine the range of your radar for your individual installation
- The radar antenna should be mounted so it is easily accessible
- The antenna should be well above head height
- Your antenna should be mounted on or near the boat's centerline
- There should be as few obstructions as possible as:
- Engine stacks
- Satcom antennas
- Your radar antenna mount should be at least 3 feet from your compass
- Mount the antenna parallel to the waterline
If your boat has a planning hull (and some displacement hulls), you must consider bow rise underway when choosing your radar mount. The radar beam is approximately 25 degrees and if bow rise is not considered, you could lose visibility of close targets.
Many radar arches and hardtops have a mounting pad for radar with the appropriate down angle built in. If you were to purchase a radar mount with a down angle or a wedge to accomplish the down angle, your radar will not detect long range targets. You must identify where you wish to mount the radar and choose your radar mount carefully to ensure optimal radar performance.